1. This first one may sound strange, but it’s true! A man’s shaving balm is the best primer that you can buy at the drugstore. The best primer I’ve ever used is Nivea Men Sensitive post-shave balm. This hack was discovered by Nikkie de Jager (a Dutch YouTube makeup guru). The balm should be applied as a primer. Let it sit for 20 seconds to make it feel tacky on your skin. You can apply your foundation directly on top of the balm and it will last for the entire day! This product is available at Target for as low as $5.00!
2. L’Oreal foundations are my favorite. TRUE MATCH(tm), Lumi Healthy Luminous makeup is perfect for those with dry skin. The INFALLIBLE(r), Pro-Matte Foundation is perfect for you if your skin type is oilier. These products are affordable, which is one of their greatest assets. Both can be purchased at Walgreens or Target for less than $13.00.
3. Maybelline’s Fit Me(r) Concealer best Milani Cosmetics reviewed is a winner. It’s a dupe of YVES SAINT LAUREN TOUCHE ECLAT Radiance Perfecting Pen, which is priced at $42.00.
4. Nyx offers a variety of products for contouring and highlighting. NYX WONDER STICK is a cream-application product. Their HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR Pro Palette is the best for powder. These are both affordable at $25.00 each for the palette, and $12.00 per stick.
5. Colourpop has the Super Shock Highlighters to give you a stunning highlight. Colourpop products are only currently available online. This highlight costs only $8.00
6. NARS blush In Orgasm is a top seller at Sephora. It’s gorgeous! It’s available at $30.00. Walgreens and CVS are the best places to find this beautiful, shimmery, peachy pink shade. Milani Cosmetics offers a gorgeous dupe called Luminoso. It works flawlessly and costs only $8.00
7. I recommend investing in a durable eyeshadow palette that lasts a long time. Morphe offers 35 shadow palettes. All palettes cost a reasonable $23.00. This is just over a penny per shadow! Urban Decay Naked palettes are a cult favorite and cost $54 per palette, which is equivalent to $4.50 for a shadow. The Morphe palettes have great quality and easy blendability.
8. Next on the list is the cheapest. Jordana Easyliner Lips Retractable Pencil is a great liner. They are long-lasting and available in 8 colors. They cost only $2.49 per piece Walgreens.com is offering a 50% discount on the entire line right now! The entire line can be yours for $15.00. That’s less than one KAT D Everlasting Lip Liner.
9. Colourpop also makes Ultra Matte Lips, which are amazing and very affordable.
10. A good set of makeup tools is essential. The brush will not do the job if it isn’t as good as the product. There are two options available for affordable brushes. The Real Techniques kits are the first. There are many options for different eye and face kits, as well as their own makeup sponges. Prices range from $5.99 up to $19.99. This is my favourite option. Morphe cosmetics teamed up with Liveglam to create their own subscription box. You will receive 3-8 brushes worth at least $30.00 each month for $20.00 per month. It is an easy way to grow your collection.